A CNF (or Cloud-native Network Function) is a software implementation of a network function (e.g. IPv4/v6 router, L2 bridge/switch, VPN gateway, firewall). However, these are built and deployed in a cloud-native way.
The CNFs offered by PANTHEON.tech are:
- Various network functions packaged into Docker containers (networking microservices)
- Ready to be deployed & orchestrated by Kubernetes in private, public, or hybrid cloud infrastructures
- Manageable via cloud-native APIs (protobuf-modeled, configurable via gRPC / K8s CRDs / key-value data stores such as ETCD)
- Ready to be chained with other CNFs to form more complex networking functions, e.g. using Network Service Mesh
Intent-Based Network Automation. The ultimate network orchestration tool for your enterprise network. The Lighty Automation & Monitoring Platform orchestrates your networks with a user-friendly UI. Manage hundreds to thousands of individual nodes with open-source tech and enterprise support & integration.
Benefits of implementing OpenLAMP
- Reduces the complexity of the management & maintenance of network policies
- Simplifies the deployment of additional network services
- Reduces operational overheads associated with managing the lifecycle of network assets
- Strengthens network security capabilities
- Improves agility of the entire network system
- Eliminates repetitive or error-prone coding associated with manual input
PANTHEON.tech proudly presents a Software Development Kit powered by OpenDaylight to support, ease and accelerate the development and deployment of Software Defined Networking solutions in Java, Python, and Go
Works on JavaSE
lighty.io is used as a set of Java libraries, which enables SDN software developers to use OpenDaylight services in JavaSE frameworks. This means a smaller footprint in your system, faster boot time & more versatility.
lighty.io offers the ability to implement features outside of its controller runtime. We call these applications lighty.io client applications.
Karaf is used to start OpenDaylight features and components. lighty.io does this faster with better memory efficiency. Having Java SE as a runtime, you can use a framework of your choice, not only Karaf.
lighty.io provides a great platform to build SDN-microservice controller applications thanks to its minuscule build size. lighty.io reuses OpenDaylight’s mature components and features like YANG tools, MD-SAL, NETCONF, and clustering.
Topology Visibility UI component
lighty.io UI component enables you to view the topology angularly – even large topologies with thousands of nodes & links. You can arrange and group nodes with automatic layouts, highlight paths and customize icons.
Faster Testing & CI / Low Memory Footprint
Thanks to its small distribution size, fast build time and swift startup features you can develop and deploy SDN applications with ease and speed.
A high-performance, all-in-one routing platform, with a modular architecture. StoneWork dynamically integrates all CDNF.io cloud-native network functions into a single data plane.
Dynamic integration of all CNFs means, that StoneWork will start those CNFs it needs, depending on the configuration – preserving a single, high-performance data plane.
Extendability, modularity, and high-performance do not need to be complicated – with simple management in mind, StoneWork is easy to configure!
High-Performance Drivers (DPDK, RDMA, virtio), Routing, Switching, Tunneling (VXLAN, GRE, IP-IP), ACL-Based Filtering & Routing, NAT44 & NAT64, Segment Routing, VPN (Wireguard®, IPSec), Bridge Domains, VRFs (Multi-Tenancy).