PANTHEON.tech has recently developed the SDN SDK – lighty.io.
We have designed lighty.io to empower you to develop Software Defined Networking (SDN) solutions in JAVA, Python, and Go. lighty.io aims to make ODL components
available outside Karaf to gain speed, flexibility, and scalability for developers and users. It also contains new southbound plugins, which are not available in upstream ODL, enhanced modules of ODL, and various developer tools.
Initial tests revealed that lighty.io has the capacity to outperform standard ODL in many ways. To top it all, one can still switch between “vanilla” ODL distribution/build and lighty.io build seamlessly.
Some of the great highlights of lighty.io are:
- lighty.io works on JavaSE instead of Karaf OSGi container server, which enables SDN developers to use ODL services in JavaSE frameworks (latest versions of Spring.io, google Guice, Vertx, etc.)
- lighty.io is a great platform for building SDN micro service controller applications thanks to its low memory requirements and distribution size with blazing-fast start-up time.
- lighty.io uses ODL’s mature components and features like YANG tools, MD-SAL, NETCONF, and clustering, and adds Pantheon’s value to the mix.
- lighty.io controller applications implement their own initialization sequences in order to run the same core services available in ODL, but in a speedy runtime.
- lighty.io contains network topology visualization component to enable you to develop responsive and scalable front-end network visualizations effortlessly, which can be accessed by any device with a web browser.
We are continuously enhancing lighty.io package by adding exciting features so our valued customers can use and get support immediately. We have done the hard work so you do not have to re-invent the wheel. Use lighty.io, today.
For more information, please visit lighty.io, by Pantheon Technologies